Here at BusinessBase we are following Ministry of Health Guidelines for businesses as they are updated. In order to minimise the risk and spread of coronavirus we are taking the following precautions and may initiate other precautions as the situation changes:
We are currently:
- Not allowing any staff member to come into the office who has been either overseas, in contact with another person who has tested positive for coronavirus or has been in contact with a person who is self-isolating. If that staff member is well, then they will be working from their own home.
- Allowing any staff member who feels more comfortable working from their own home, to do so. We are able to work from our own homes as we work solely on cloud-based software. This will not affect our work with you other than if you are planning to call into the office
- Following strict hygiene practices within our team
- Asking all clients who wish to call into the office to call us first on 03 579 2554 to make sure the staff member they wish to see is here.
- Don’t be offended if we ask you questions about whether you have been overseas, have been asked to self-isolate or have been in contact with someone who is or has been self-isolating or has been tested positive for COVID-19
We may be instigating the following in the coming weeks if the situation requires:
All staff to work from their own homes
Cancellation of or non-attendance of our staff from face to face meetings with clients. This includes board and committee meetings. We will keep you informed.
Obviously, this is an unprecedented situation which is evolving all the time. We are lucky that we can still service your business remotely and there should be no inconvenience to you.
Employment New Zealand has published guidelines for businesses and I strongly recommend you refer to these in order to ensure you own staffs’ wellness and in the interest of public health.